- Food & Beverage Services -
Sensory Testing & Evaluation
As a part of our Product Research & Development process or as a service on its own, Signature Culinary Solutions actively tests and measures consumer responses through Sensory Evaluation; analyzing the product(s) appearance, touch, odour, texture, temperature and taste.
Through this quantitative and qualitative research in a controlled environment, we are able maximize the value of our client’s investment by identifying and adapting to consumer-responses quickly, making informed decisions prior to market penetration.
Understanding that the time to market is critical, our Project Management team will liaise with our professionally trained Sensory experts and project managers to ensure the timeline moves according to schedule.
Our Sensory testing room is equipped with multiple styles of lighting and cameras, recording and broadcasting in real-time to our viewing room or directly into your boardroom.
Conducted in formal focus group panels, Sensory Evaluation will cover the following three (3) areas of product testing:
- Effective testing (objective facts about products)
- Affective/Consumer testing (subjective facts such as preferences)
- Perception (the biochemical and psychological aspects of sensation)
Sensory Evaluation can be used to:
- Compare similarities/differences in a range of products
- Evaluate a range of existing products
- Analyze samples for improvements
- Gage responses to a product
- Explore specific characteristics of an ingredient or product
- Verify whether a final product meets its original specification
- Provide objective and subjective feedback data to enable informed decisions to be made
Signature Culinary Solutions offers practical solutions to these results, with comprehensive consultancy packages available and over 20 years of food and beverage experience, menu conceptualization, recipe development and industry knowledge.